uLink Asynchronous USB with Ultra-Low Phase Noise Clocks
- Converte il segnale digitale S/PDIF in USB
- Circuito Low Phase Noise Clocks
- Opera con segnali digitali a 16- o 24-bits, con frequenze di 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 e 192kHz
- 500MHz DSP Core
(dal sito del produttore)
A huge number of audiophiles – tech-savvy and traditionalists – use computers as a primary music source and like all enthusiasts want the beyond-CD sound they’re capable of. Bel Canto makes it happen with three new Asynchronous USB Link Converters; the entry-level mLink, moving-on-up uLink, and top-of-the-line REFLink. These new USB Link Converters isolate the music signal – and clocks – from the harsh, noisy electrical environments of computers and music servers.
The new Bel Canto Link Converters take the USB output of your computer and deliver ultra-low jitter S/PDIF for your favorite DAC… most likely a Bel Canto 3.5VB Mk II, 2.5 or 1.5! All three USB Link Converters feature native MAC USB 2.0 compatibility, a customWindows USB 2.0 driver, and operate at 16- or 24-bits at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz on a proprietary 500MHz DSP Core.
It’s the Clocks
Asynchronous USB does one thing really, really well; decoupling the critical audio clock from the music data just as you find in the pro audio world. As a result the new USB Link Converters’ output noise and jitter is now entirely dependent on the quality of the clocks! Since the oscillators are now free-running and isolated from the incoming data stream the Ultra-Low Phase-Noise Clocks in the uLink make an astounding difference, turning the uLink into essentially noise-free sources taking the digital out of digital sound!
It’s the Power Supply
The uLink takes its power from the USB connection and filters it with multiple dedicated supplies. Its compact dimensions make it very easy to place with SPDIF on a BNC output connector and a ST Fiber output that offers the ultimate in isolation and speed and is compatible with the DAC3.5VB Mk II which sounds fantastic with a uLink and master-tape vivid with a REFLink!
It’s the Sound!
The sonic impact of lowering noise to this degree is stunning; a highly organic analog-like presentation predominates. You’ll enjoy improved soundstaging and spatial positioning, fully-developed micro- and macro-dynamics that give music life, tighter, more controlled bass, a beguiling midrange and a sense of openness and air in the high frequencies that will put you in close contact with your music again and again!
Bel Canto recommends Audirvana Plus, Pure Music or Amarra with iTunes for bit-perfect playback or JRiver on the PC.
uLink Core Technology
- Proprietary 500MHz DSP Asynchronous USB Core
- Dual Ultra-Low Phase-Noise Clocks
- Galvanic isolation
- USB Bus Power LC filters, local regulation
- Input: High Speed USB type-B receptacle
- Coaxial SPDIF on BNC 75Ω
- LightLink ST Fiber
- Supported sampling rates:
- Supported word lengths: up to 24-bit
- Native MAC USB 2.0 compatible on OSX 10.6 and later
- Custom Windows USB 2.0 driver Win 7 and XP
- Driver appears as Bel Canto uLinkUSB2.0 select as default playback
- System volume control is disabled upon installation
- BNC/RCA adapter included
- USB cable not included
- Power Usage On: 1W
- Power Usage Off: 0.0W
- Power Requirement : USB Bus 5VDC
- Dimensions: 4″ W x 4.75″ D x 1.2″ H (103mm x 120mm x 30mm)
- Weight : 1 lbs (0.45kg)
Features and specifications are subject to improvements and changes without prior notice.