REFLink Asynchronous USB Converter
- Converte il segnale digitale S/PDIF in USB
- Circuito Ultra-Low Phase-Noise Clocks
- Opera con segnali digitali a 16- o 24-bits, con frequenze di 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 e 192kHz
- 500MHz DSP Core
(dal sito del produttore)
A huge number of audiophiles – tech-savvy and traditionalists – use computers as a primary music source and like all enthusiasts want the beyond-CD sound they’re capable of. Bel Canto makes it happen with three new Asynchronous USB Link Converters; the entry-level mLink, moving-on-up uLink, and top-of-the-line REFLink. These new USB Link Converters isolate the music signal – and clocks – from the harsh, noisy electrical environments of computers and music servers.
The new Bel Canto Link Converters take the USB output of your computer and deliver ultra-low jitter S/PDIF for your favorite DAC… most likely a Bel Canto 3.5VB Mk II, 2.5 or 1.5! All three USB Link Converters feature native MAC USB 2.0 compatibility, a customWindows USB 2.0 driver, and operate at 16- or 24-bits at 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192kHz on a proprietary 500MHz DSP Core.
It’s the Clocks
Asynchronous USB does one thing really, really well; decoupling the critical audio clock from the music data just as you find in the pro audio world. As a result the new USB Link Converters’ output noise and jitter is now entirely dependent on the quality of the clocks. Since the oscillators are now free-running and isolated from the incoming data stream the Ultra-Low Phase-Noise Clocks now available make an astounding difference, turning the REFLink into essentially noise-free sources taking the digital out of digital sound!
It’s the Power Supply
The REFLink is a masterpiece of engineering in a full AC-powered e.One chassis using the same LNS (Low Noise Supply) as the DAC2.5. As lowered noise allows clocks to dominate the sound, the LNS dramatically lowers line noise with multiple stages of isolated power that drive individual sections of the circuit. The output clocks and line-drivers are powered by a separate low-noise power supply.
The ST Fiber output the ultimate in isolation and high speed transfer for anyone with a Bel Canto 3.5VB Mk II or you can run SPDIF on BNC or AES/EBU to any other DAC for an experience you won’t forget! The REFLink features Dual Ultra-Low Phase-Noise Clocks and triple galvanic isolation. The adjustable display shows the incoming sample rate.
It’s the Sound!
The sonic impact of lowering noise to this degree is stunning; a highly organic analog-like presentation predominates. You’ll enjoy improved soundstaging and spatial positioning, fully-developed micro- and macro-dynamics that give music life, tighter, more controlled bass, a beguiling midrange and a sense of openness and air in the high frequencies that will put you in close contact with your music again and again!
Bel Canto recommends Audirvana Plus, Pure Music or Amarra with iTunes for bit-perfect playback or JRiver Media Center on the PC.
REFLink Core Technology
- Proprietary 500MHz DSP Asynchronous USB Core
- Dual Ultra-Low Phase-Noise Clocks
- Two-stage galvanic isolation
- Dedicated LNS (Low Noise Supply)
- Full e.One chassis and front-panel display
- Native MAC USB2.0 Compatible
Controls and Indicators
- On/Off power switch
- Sample Rate LEDs indicating 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 Ks/s
- Input: High Speed USB type-B receptacle
- Coaxial SPDIF on BNC 75Ω
- Balanced AES on XLR 110Ω
- LightLink ST Fiber
- Supported sampling rates:
- Supported word lengths: up to 24-bit
- Native MAC USB 2.0 compatible on OSX 10.6 and later
- Custom Windows USB 2.0 driver Win 7 and XP
- Driver appears as Bel Canto uLinkUSB2.0 select as default playback
- System volume control is disabled upon installation
- BNC/RCA adapter included
- USB cable not included
- Power Usage On: 3W
- Power Usage Off: 0.0W
- Power Requirement : 120VAC/60Hz or 240VAC/50Hz set internally
- Dimensions: 8.5” W x12.5” D x 3.5” H (216mm x 318mm x 88mm)
- Weight : 14lbs (6.5kg)
Features and specifications are subject to improvements and changes without prior notice.